Our Little O

on Monday, April 20, 2009

Our daughter is O. She is just over 10 months old. She was recently diagnosed with a heart murmur. While this might sound like a common childhood ailment we were very concerned. As a baby I had to under go open heart surgery because I had a large hole in my heart that would not close on its own and my doctor originally diagnosed it as a murmur. Today, I had her second opinion appointment. The second doctor too believes it is a just childhold murmur that she will out grow. Hopefully, this is the case. The doctor said that she should out grow it by the time she is two and if not then her primary care doctor will most likely order more testing.

We are praying that it will go away on its own. I do not want my baby to have to go through what I had to go through. We have been pretty worried about this for the past two weeks or so. In the end we know things will work out the way they are supposed to but this is more of reason to have that emergency fund built up. Today, we went to an out of network doctor for the second opinion. I'm sure we will have to pay more than a regular co-pay for this appointment. While I knew it was coming since early on in the month and was able to squeeze enough to hopefully cover the bill it would be helpful to have the e-fund funded just incase we have a medical issue that will require more money. For now, we are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

-M

0 comments: