A few new things!

on Thursday, April 2, 2009

I have a few new things I want to start; some finance related and some not but all will be posted here. Each of these probably deserve their own post but that will come at a later time.

First off, our savings snowball:
Now that all my debts with the exception of my college debts are paid, I want to start saving for a few different things. As I achieve a savings goal I will move the money that I was paying to that goal to the second goal and so on. To start most of my money will be going to the emergency fund.

Emergency Fund - $350 per month until $1,500 then $50 per month
Travel - $50 per month until Emergency Fund is funded then once funded $350 per month
O's College - $50 per month until Travel has enough for our trip to Germany and then $350 per month until other savings goals come up or we move and need to reassess the budget.

Hopefully, that was clear. I have a feeling it wasn't.

Secondly, Financial Literacy Month:
April is Financial Literacy Month. I will be participating in taking the steps listed on that website to the best of my ability. I will post about each step individually unless I do more than one step per day and then those steps will be in the same post.

Third, 101 things in 1001 days:
Starting on the 5th, I will post a list of 101 things I want to have completed by January 1, 2012. I will keep updating the blog as I complete items.

0 comments: