Long Day

on Wednesday, January 13, 2010

At work, we've been waiting for this day for a long time. It was Judgement Day better know as the day officals from the government come to inspect. All I can say is I'm glad it's over and I think we did ok. Hopefully, everyone will ease up a bit in the office because this type of stress won't be back for at least two and a half years.

This is not the reason it will be a long day but it does make it seem so much longer. I decided last week that a double shift today would be a good idea. I work a 10 hour shift as does the person that comes in for the shift after me. This will make a 20 hour work day. When I choose to take the shift before mine as a double it is only a 16 hour day because she works an 8 hour day and our shifts overlap for two hours. I prefer the shift before mine but the money that comes from the shift after mine. There is no real winner here though because even though we will use the extra money to save for Germany I only have four hours off in the morning before coming back for my regular shift tomorrow afternoon. During that four hours I need to sleep and prepare for tomorrow's work day. I miss another whole day of O's life as well as a quality night sleep with my husband. This then makes me think... is it worth it?

-M

0 comments: