Cooking Adventures

on Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'll be the first to admit I'm not the best chef. I can read and can follow a recipe so I'm slowly learning. If it didn't come from a box or require shake n bake my mom probably didn't make it so I never learned how to cook it. I'm being adventurous and trying many new things. I've picked out a bunch of recipes, planned days to make them, bought most of the ingredients and am hell bent on becoming a decent cook for my family.

This past week has been trial and error both in cooking and in planning. I planned meals for the upcoming weekend with the intentions of S planning for Monday and Tuesday and everyone eating out on Wednesday and Thursday. I went shopping Sunday night for some basics and hoped for the best. This didn't go so well and S was unable to child wrangle as well as work the stove. Tuesday I needed up putting something in the crock pot for him to serve at dinner time.

Let me also point out some scheduling factors we have while making the menu plan. Monday - Thursday I work til 11pm. S works Wednesday - Sunday starting at 10pm. O eats dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's on Wednesday and Thursday while Mommy works and Daddy sleeps.

Menu Plan for 11/16 - 11/26 (I shop on Fridays)
Monday - S was supposed to plan and cook. It ended up being hot dogs with a veggie stir-fry. Epic fail on the ability of S to watch O and cook at the same time.

Tuesday - After the night before fiasco I decided Mondays and Tuesdays will be crock pot meals set up by me before I leave at 12pm. Chicken Parm with S cooking the spaghetti when he was ready to serve. Thumbs Up!

Wednesday and Thursday - Dinner at Grandma's

Friday - Mexican Stuffed Shells

Saturday - Cabbage, Rice and Beans

Sunday - Marinated Chicken Breast with Squash and Salad

Monday - Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes and Herbs

Tuesday - Egg, Cheese and Sausage Bake

Wednesday and Thursday - Dinner at Grandma's

So, there you have it, my first attempt at a menu plan and keep tuned it to see if we can follow it and how the meals turn out!

-M

0 comments: