After a major freak out...

on Monday, November 23, 2009

we successfully had S's mom and oldest brother over for dinner last night. I have these issues I'm trying to work through and well lets just say yesterday they all came to a head. Let me start by saying the house was pretty clean but we still had dishes in the sink and toys on the floor and I was not thrilled about it. I wanted everything to be super clean when they came over. I have been feeling like if things aren't clean, organized, cooked well and presented nicely I am a failure as a wife and mom. I'm not sure where I got these ideas but it lead to a breakdown yesterday. Finally, I snapped and started yelling at S to help me because it was his family coming over and he started yelling back that I was freaking out for no reason, which was true as things were pretty clean.

Anyway, I made marinated chicken breast, roasted squash and green beans. All of which turned out very well. I wish the green beans were better but such is life I guess. Hopefully, I'll be not so crazy the next time we have visitors for dinner.

-M

0 comments: