And, we're back...

on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

First, I'd like to point out that GERMANY was my 100th post!  Everyone reaches this milestone at their own pace but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that it took me so long to reach.  I'm unsure of the direction this blog is taking at the moment but I do know that I want it to be more family oriented as the title is focused directly on my relationship with my husband.

Second, other than the sights in that post our trip was less than stellar due to uncontrollable circumstances on our part but very controllable on our hosts' part.  We loved the sights, sounds, smells and all the beauty that is Europe but did not enjoy our "friend"'s constant remarks about everything we suggested or said not only to her but to our child and each other as well.  Through this experience I can honestly say that my husband and I have grown closer than we have in months.  Even with the amount of sorrow we experienced from the trip not meeting expectations we realized that we are for each other the person to turn to in a crisis. With that said, we will not be visiting or conversing with her again.  Germany is not the place you intend on losing friends but it can happen anywhere even on a once in a lifetime vacation.

Finally, speaking of lifetime... to be continued

0 comments: